Tuesday, 3 October 2017

Naples - a Long Weekend

For our first holiday, we couldn't have picked a more perfect spot than Napoli. The weather was great, the food was delicious and the scenery was beautiful. It was a wonderful weekend that has given us countless memories that will last forever. Thankfully photos do last forever! We can't wait for our next adventure together. 


 The view from our apartment couldn't have been more atmospheric. 





 A view from nearby the port of Molo Beverello 

One thing we won't miss is the amount of steep, cobbled steps up to our Air B&B. I most definitely felt the burn going uphill. It was worth it though, for the fantastic quality of accommodation and genuine Neapolitan vibe all around. We soon got used to the sound of scooters zooming past and yelling locals.













Mount Vesuvius had such presence - I felt like I could always see it out of the corner of my eye. This is the view of the volcano from the Piazza del Plebiscito - a gigantic public square that was thriving with tourists but felt quiet at the same time. 






Gianni didn't hold back on making the most of the Italian cuisine. (Neither did I). It was just irresistible! My favourite was some lemon flavoured gelato bought at the Herculaneum ruins. The pizza from Naples Airport was also excellent. 






Until next time, Italy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Pizzas of London

So it's fair to say, we like pizza. Since we met, I'd guess we've gone through at least 150 margheritas between us and have beco...